lorica n : a hard protective sheath as secreted by certain protoctists e.g. [also: loricae (pl)]
- A coat of mail.
- A number of types of Roman armour:
- A religious incantation
- Loriga, Serra da Estrela in central Portugal, originally named Lorica by the Romans
- A basket-shaped "house" formed by choanoflagellates
- A protective covering surrounding flagellated cells of some algae groups
- Alorica, a telecommunications company of call centers, sometimes verbally abbreviated to 'Lorica
- Santa Cruz de Lorica, a small Colombian town in the province of Córdoba
- A type of artificial leather promoted by Sidi, an Italian bicycle shoe maker.
- Lorica, a genus of chiton
lorica in French: Lorica
lorica in Italian: Lorica
lorica in Russian: Лорика